Theorem Geo Associates is currently seeking an outstanding individual to collect, analyse, investigate, interpret and enthusiastically communicate the complex and highly variable climate including the status, hazard and risks associated with drought, evaporation and climate variability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will compile and utilize climate data resources to track and describe climate patterns, anomalies, variability and extremes including floods, drought, snowstorms, heatwaves, etc. They will also help develop and track quantitative indicators and trends of climate change.
The successful candidate must be proficient in handling and interpreting climate data and will contribute to toolsets that Theorem Geo is developing and incorporating into our models and analytical tools.
We need an eager learner, good listener willing to help lead in our toolset development. A strong spirit of collaboration, working with others to share information, expertise and available resources to help answer questions, solve problems and overcome challenges are attributes we would welcome.
- M.S. Atmospheric Science/Climatology/Water Resources/Civil Engineering Meteorology or related degree (or degree work completed and degree pending).
- If degree is not in atmospheric science, applicant must have a strong understanding and aptitude for the essential atmospheric processes including forcing for atmospheric motions, radiation and energy balance, water balance, cloud physics, mountain meteorology, tropical meteorology and must have the willingness and prerequisites to take additional courses to achieve competency.
- Experience, academic or professional, working with weather, climate and/or water resources data including point data and gridded products.
- Experience working with, for, or in association with one or more of the following organizations (or equivalent): Regional Climate Centers, NOAA National Center for Environmental Information, various State Climate Offices, US Dept. of Interior Climate Science Centers, USGS Water Science Centers, USDA Climate Hubs, National Integrated Drought Information System.
- The successful applicant must possess excellent communications talent and have the ability to communicate challenging technical content in understandable ways to peers and clients.
Other skills we would really like you to have.
- Climate applications in agriculture, forestry and natural resources.
- Knowledge in climate trends and variability in the Continental US.
- Applied statistics including non-parametric methods, time series analysis, geospatial analysis methods.
- Scientific computer programming.
- Data management and use of database software.
- Familiarity with and ability to process output from Global Climate Models.
- Water resources and hydrology.
- Remote sensing science and applications.
- Air quality
- Applied climatology and climate services.
- Climate and public policy
Theorem Geo Associates (TGA) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TGA deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TGA’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.