Plainfield, Indiana or Cincinnati, Ohio
Theorem Geo is seeking a full-time GIS Technician that will provide GIS support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor-owned utility (IOU) in Plainfield, Indiana or Cincinnati, Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create professional maps and figures of various transmission assets and upgrades in various disciplines including: environmental permitting, local permitting, public engagement, and siting studies.
- Create online maps for field data collection and assist in tablet setup
- Create mailing lists and parcel maps for customer notifications.
- Write technical descriptions and create figures for various deliverables
- Interactive map creation to assist SME’s for public questioning.
- Convert data between .dwg, .shp, and .kmz file types.
- Download, maintain, and optimize large data libraries from a variety of online sources.
- Create kmz’s and web maps of data to share across departments.
- Create studies and/or plans utilizing a variety of data.
- ArcGIS model development for automated data clipping and analysis.
- ArcGIS online data stewardships and archiving (shifting towards Portal soon)
- ArcGIS/Portal admin tasks, like adding users to groups, changing data ownership, etc
- Create living map documents for tracking and providing up to date documents.
- Standardizing enterprise wide symbology standards
- Standardizing consultant deliverable schemas
- Integration of delivered access and data into databases for consumption.
- Automated access and matting estimate models for improved cost estimates
- Establish enterprise level reference data library, and establish protocol/stewardship standards
- Creation of ArcGIS Online interactive maps for project level websites
- Interactive maps for reference
- Standardizing enterprise wide public communication styles sheets for print and web
Ideal candidate would have experience and proficiency in:
- ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Collector, ArcGIS Explorer, Google Earth, and MS Office Suite.
- The utility industry and its terminology.
- Basic database structure knowledge
- Technical Writing
- Public Speaking and Presentation
Preferred skills and knowledge with the following:
- Experience working within a utility industry distribution and/or transmission program is a strong plus.
- GIS compatible scripting (Python, VBScript, Arcade)
- Region specific permitting knowledge
- Linear utility experience
- Spatial Analysis Experience
- AutoCad, and working with CAD drawings in Esri programs
- Quick Capture, Survey 123
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental Sciences, or related field preferred
- Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates
- Minimum of three years of actual work experience in GIS with progressively responsible experience in the design and development of GIS systems and applications
Location: Work can be performed in either Plainfield, IN or Cincinnati, OH
* Please include the location you would prefer to work in the “Additional Information” section of the application