Duties and Responsibilities
(including, but are not limited to)
- Assist in designing and building the front-end & back-end architecture of web applications
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Develop solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or managers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Experience building web applications from the ground up
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software
- Maintain, debug and add new features to existing web applications and correct defects.
- Build custom features and tools for geospatial analysis
- Rapidly iterate on UI designs to build an optimal interface
- Integrate a diverse set of data into custom geospatial applications
- Integrate existing software into existing or modified systems or operating environments.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Assist in building wireframe designs and layouts.
- Experience with front-end & back-end unit testing and build tools
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience building frontend web applications all the way from inception to deployment and support
- Experience with Video On Demand Architectures
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience working with GIS data types
- Experience developing APIs for web and mobile applications
- Dev Ops experience
- Understanding of application architecture and security principles
- Database and SQL experience
- Video transcoding knowledge
- Video on demand/streaming knowledge.
- js & Express.js for API Dev
- React/Redux frontend experience
- Testing experience/knowledge (all stages of testing, not just unit or manual)
- ArcGIS Server/Portal Feature/Map Service understanding and integration knowledge
- HTML, CSS, JS (mostly vanilla JS, jQuery, ArcGIS JS 4.x, & Ag-Grid libraries used)
- IIS administration (SSL certificate updates, node API url proxy tweaks if needed)
- General highly technical ability to research problems and solve beyond GIS analyst abilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Sciences, or related field preferred (Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates) plus at least three years of actual work experience with progressively responsible experience in the design and development of GIS systems and applications.
- Must have proficient experience working with ESRI products (Apps, Portal, Enterprise).
- Experience with MS Office Suite
Preferred work location is Charlotte or Raleigh, NC. However, remote work may be possible for the right qualified individual, but this would require occasional travel to our office in Charlotte. List desired location when applying.
Theorem Geo (TG) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TG deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TG’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.