Theorem Geo Associates is currently seeking a full-time GIS Technician that will provide GIS support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Support the attainment of necessary data from various state/county agencies.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
· Provide support in the acquisition of database information and collect detailed and specific data, filter the data of pertinent information, and upload the data into current GIS platforms.
· Provide quality control by ensuring data is filed into proper classification parameters
· Create and edit features and associated attributes.
· Implement periodic database updates to the current GIS system.
· Transfer collected data onto GIS system/server using applicable software.
· Correct QA/QC errors.
· Modify and update database and track project progress.
· Be responsible managing, administering, and coordinating various GIS related tasks, workflows, and processes.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
· This individual will remain available to assist other employees working on either internal or external projects as it pertains to GIS related work.
· A team player and willing to jump in and assist in the completion of time sensitive projects when necessary.
· Duties can include troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflows.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or related field preferred.
Minimum Associate’s Degree in Geography, GIS, or related field plus two years of work experience.
Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates.
Must have proficiency working with ESRI software suite, to include ArcGIS for Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, etc.
Competence with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc)
Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work both efficiently independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize projects and be self-led.
- Enterprise level database knowledge; such as ArcSDE or SQL database (Microsoft SQL Server) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS for Server a plus.
Theorem Geo Associates (TGA) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TGA deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TGA’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.