iOS Dynamic Mobile Developer
Theorem Geo Associates is in search of a dynamic mobile developer who will work on our native iOS app and become a critical member of our software engineering team. We are in the business of spatial locations and data, with a focus on usability and simplicity. You will be working on challenging problems with smart people and a game-changing product vision.
We are building state-of-the-art mobile mapping tools to change the way our customers work. You would play an integral part in guiding the growth and development of Theorem Geo’s mobile toolsets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, ship, and maintain mobile apps on the iOS platform
- Capable of creating efficient and performant applications
- Have an eye for good UI / UX design and implementation
- Knowledge of working with and implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with Git / GitHub
- Use available project management and communication tools to work with everyone on the team
- Raise your own, and the team’s, skill level every day by growing and learning
- Help the product team manage requirements and design new product features
- Bonus: Work with map toolkits on iOS, like the Google Maps API
- Product driven– We build tools to help people solve problems. A focus on the use’s perspective is critical to everything we create.
- Eye for design– We have a high bar for design in our products, from graphics, to composition, to user experience. Design helps communicate intent and functionality, so it’s always central to our development process.
- Data structures– Geography is a data-driven discipline, and you need an understanding of relational databases and data structure concepts.
- Strong communicator and collaborator– You will be working with a fast-moving team building new product features everyday, so constant communication is paramount. This includes being an articulate writer, being good at managing and prioritizing your own work, and staying generally “plugged in” to what the company is working on.
- Self-starter, self-teacher– Our team is made up of driven, largely self-taught engineers. A constant thirst to build your knowledge base is critical. We would also expect to be learning a lot from you.
Helpful hints when you apply:
- Let us know what makes you ideal for this position and why you’d like to work with our team
- Your GitHub profile and resume
- Links to projects you have worked on, or to your website / portfolio
- And we’re curious: why do you like building mobile software?
Theorem Geo Associates (TGA) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TGA deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TGA’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.