Theorem Geo is seeking a full-time GIS Analyst that will provide GIS support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor-owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing data collection, editing, mapping, and managing accurate records which can coincide with land planning and development.
- Read, understand, and interpret complex design drawings, property plats, maps, and other related information as necessary to post data in company GIS system.
- Troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflow
- Assembles and formats complex and non-standard reports from company GIS system for electric and/or land base-related tasks.
- Geospatially support team in a suite of mapping products used by multiple organizations, to include training and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for research and data processing, to include verifying, organizing, and the preparation of geospatial and asset data.
- Manage specific GIS information layers.
- Transfer collected data onto GIS system/server using applicable software.
- Perform data entry and mapping tasks utilizing GIS technologies.
- Support staff regarding capabilities to meet GIS management needs.
- Digitizing and georeferencing data to aid in the location, placement, and creation of features.
- Creating and editing features and associated attributes
- Making corrections to previously mapped products
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Sciences, or related field preferred (Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates)
- Minimum of four years of actual GIS work experience with progressively responsible experience in the design and development of GIS systems and applications.
- Must have proficient experience working with ESRI products (Apps, Portal, Enterprise).
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience working within a utility industry distribution and/or transmission program is a strong plus.
- Experience working with aviation GIS is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance and quality assurance of a utility network in an enterprise GIS environment a strong plus.
- Ability to manage large scale data collection projects.
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop personnel on the use of GIS programs, processes, and procedures.
- Computerized mapping and digital data conversion, manipulation, and analysis
- GIS database administration and management principles, methods, and techniques, including quality control methods and practices.
- Principles and practices of GIS analysis and design
- Land planning and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to implement change.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects and be self-led.
- Ability to work both efficiently independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
- Ability to adapt to new GIS software.