Theorem Geo is currently seeking a GIS Technician for either full- or part-time work to provide support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Deed interpretation and correlation mapping to update and maintain real estate layers within an ESRI software environment.
- Creating and editing features and associated attributes in a GIS environment.
- Finding and correcting errors in GIS data.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- At least one year work experience or some college experience with coursework in Geography, GIS, or a related field preferred
- Pertinent experience working with ESRI’s ArcGIS v10.xx or ArcGIS Pro Software, including creating and editing features and attributes
- Competence with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand
- The fortitude to grind through repetitive tasks.
Most work will be performed remotely. However, periodic in-office work will be required. Candidate must be able to commute within the Charlotte area.