Theorem Geo is looking for a motivated Senior GIS Specialist with a strong GIS background in coding and/or programming to join our team to provide support on various GIS related projects.
An ideal candidate would be passionate about GIS technologies and able to think outside the box to devise creative solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
(Including, but are not limited to)
- General highly technical ability to research problems and solve beyond GIS analyst abilities.
- Perform data entry and mapping tasks utilizing GIS technologies.
- Support staff regarding capabilities to meet GIS management needs.
- Digitizing and georeferencing data to aid in the location, placement, and creation of features.
- Troubleshooting software issues, assisting in the creation of efficient workflows, bringing efficiencies to less efficient existing workflows.
- Assembles and formats complex and non-standard reports from company GIS system for electric-related tasks.
Ideal candidate would have the following skills and proficiency:
- Strong level knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS (desktop, extensions, online, portal, applications, enterprise) and Excel
- GIS compatible scripting (Python, VBScript, Arcade)
- Experience working with GIS data types
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- ArcGIS Server/Portal Feature/Map Service understanding and integration knowledge, a plus
- Experience utility industry and its terminology is a strong plus.
- Experience working within a utility industry distribution and/or transmission program is a strong plus.
- Spatial Analysis Experience
- Technical Writing
- Public Speaking and Presentation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively interface with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to implement change.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple projects and be self-led.
- Ability to work both efficiently independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand.
- Ability to adapt to new GIS software.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, or related field preferred.
- Exceptions on education can be made for exceptional candidates.
- Minimum of five years of actual work experience in GIS with progressively responsible experience in the design and development of GIS systems and applications.
Location: Prefer candidate in the Charlotte, North Carolina area, but will consider remote candidates.
Relocation Expenses: None
We are currently not sponsoring any Visa’s.
Theorem Geo, Inc participates in E-Verify and is an equal opportunity employer.
Theorem Geo (TG) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TG deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities, and governments. TG’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.