Charlotte, North Carolina
Theorem Geo is currently seeking a part-time GIS Technician that will provide support on various GIS related projects to include providing support to a large investor owned utility (IOU) in the Charlotte, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Deed interpretation and correlation mapping to update and maintain real estate layers within an ESRI software environment.
· Creating and editing features and associated attributes in a GIS environment.
· Finding and correcting errors in GIS data.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- At least one year work experience or some college experience with coursework in Geography, GIS, or a related field preferred
- Pertinent experience working with ESRI’s ArcGIS v10.xx or ArcGIS Pro Software, including creating and editing features and attributes
- Competence with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Proficiency with data management, organization, a willingness to learn, and ability to ask questions to obtain desired results if unclear of the task at hand
- The fortitude to grind through repetitive tasks.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Theorem Geo, Inc participates in E-Verify and is an equal opportunity employer.
Theorem Geo (TG) is a multi-disciplined company, that specializes in proprietary software development, shoreline management, storm response, predictive outage modeling, meteorological impact analysis, vegetation management transmission & distribution, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
Serving the utility industry for over a decade, TG deploys proprietary software development and databases to solve challenging problems for businesses, utilities and governments. TG’s data-driven analytics help industry automate and streamline regulatory compliance, operations monitoring, emergency response & other business challenges.